|Welcome to MUS 715!
Time Commitment — Please budget 4 hours per week. If MUS 715 was face to face, it would meet 2 hours per week and include at least 2 hours of homework. This online course should require approximately the same amount of time. Please inform us if any week is unreasonably time-consuming. Thanks!
Course Content — Semester at a Glance offers an overview of the entire course on a single page.
- Music Fundamentals — We begin by ensuring that you have a solid foundation in music rudiments.
- First 5 Weeks — Take self-tests I, II, III, IV, V, & VI. (Reload the page or refresh the screen for a new quiz.)
- Next 5 Weeks — Review for the following exam.
- One of the Last Weeks — Take the Proctored Comprehensive Music Fundamentals Exam.
- Weekly Short Analyses — Analysis is the focus of MUS 715. (Look for Short Analysis in the Schedule each week.)
- Discussions and Scavenger Hunts — We discuss learning and teaching music theory and fundamentals.
(This 3-week sequence is repeated 5 times during the semester.)
- Post in D2L one week. (Look for Share in the Schedule every 3rd week.)
- Respond the next week.
- Submit Scavenger Hunt items the following week.
- Reading — A little reading is sprinkled throughout the term.
- Personal Project — This largest assignment is due during finals week.
Email — Audrey.Miller@northern.edu & William.Wieland@northern.edu
Biography — AUDREY MILLER, CLARINET & William Wieland's Family Biography.