Course Content — Overview (the entire course on a single page)
- Music Fundamentals — I begin by ensuring that you have a solid foundation in music rudiments.
- First 5 Weeks — Take self-tests I, II, III, IV, V, & VI. (Reload the page or refresh the screen for a new quiz.)
- Next 5 Weeks — Review for the following exam.
- One of the Last Weeks — Take the Proctored Comprehensive Music Fundamentals Exam.
- Weekly Short Analyses — Analysis is the focus of MUS 715. (You will submit a Short Analysis or two every week.)
- Discussions — We will discuss learning and teaching music fundamentals and theory.
- Post in D2L one week. (You will Share every 3rd week.)
- Respond the next week—not earlier. (Give others a chance to make their first post.)
- The third week is a learning game, either “I Spy” or a “Scavenger Hunt”.
- Two R’s — Reading and writing are sprinkled throughout the term.
- Reflection Essay 1 — Write this essay after you have completed all assignments through week 5.
- Reflection Essay 2 — Write this essay after you have completed all assignments through week 11.
- Reflection Essay 3 — Write this essay after you have completed all assignments through week 14.
- Reflection Essay 4 — Write this essay after you have completed all other coursework.