Experts disagree about the length of time between review sessions. Ideally, one should almost forget the concept. This desirable difficulty fosters long-term learning.
- 1 day, 7 days, 16 days, and 35 days is a common regimen.
- For simplicity, I review flashcards by date.
- I divide the month into 1–10, 11–20, and 21–end.
- I divide the year into Jan–April, May–Aug, and Sept–Dec.
- I decide how well I know a card and place it in the appropriate section—from 10 or fewer days in the future to 5 or more months.