Class Ensemble Project Grading Rubric
MUS 111 Syllabus
MUS 111 Schedule
Every project begins as a 95.|
I make deductions as follows:
- You did not submit the piece in time to hear it performed.
- One or more parts were unplayable, e.g. they contained pitches beyond the range of the instrument or unreasonably difficult passages.
- One or more parts were transposed incorrectly or included 6 or more incorrect notes.
- One or more parts contained 3 or fewer notes.
- You did not collect initials for your full score.
- The scoring was over three fourths tutti.
- You submitted a concert score rather than a transposed score.
- The scoring was over two thirds tutti.
- I thought the melody was difficult to hear.
Additional points may be awarded for the following:
- Each part was carefully crafted with that instrument's idiosyncracies in mind.
- No instrument had a boring or an excessively difficult part.
- The score featured well-balanced, interesting instrumental combinations and explored compelling doublings, mutes, and/or extended techniques.