Structure of the Course We will analyze music every week. You will frequently self-correct your work this semester. (I have provided answer keys.) I want you to hone your analytical skills without attaching a grade to every assignment.
- Weeks 15 Build a firm foundation. We all teach music fundamentals at one time or another. Learning and teaching music rudiments well is an important foundation for music theory analysis and my starting point for this class.
- Take music fundamentals self tests I II III IV V & VI. (Reload the page or refresh the screen for a new quiz.)
- Note which rudiments you need to review.
- Share learning strategies for music rudiments and theory. Seek better teaching approaches.
- Weeks 610 Deepen understanding. The Rogers book offers profound insight about analyzing music.
- Weeks 1116 Analyze. I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand.